We celebrated a wonderful Thanksgiving at our house this year! After a long 11 months, it felt so great to have our extended family together again.
Here’s my Thanksgiving/holiday cooking itinerary- I try to line this out in advance, so that I know what should be worked on when. Your oven may differ, so check on your food often. 🙂
3 days before: pull the turkey out to thaw and place in refrigerator.
The day of:
1. Three hours before dinner time: Rolls out to thaw and rise. Preheat oven.
2. Place smoked fully cooked turkey in oven to warm for about 3 hours.
3. Add green beans to CrockPot and set on high.
4. Set table. Prepare glasses, napkins, plates, serving utensils, and silverware. Prepare bowl or ice chest of extra ice for drinks.
5. 2 hours before dinner: Peel and cook mashed potatoes in Instant Pot for 20 min. on manual. Set out any finger-food appetizers or pre-dinner drinks for guests along with small serving plates and napkins.
6. 1.5 hours before dinner: Put dressing in oven to cook for 1 hour at 350. Cook any fresh pasta dishes.
7. Prepare fresh salads/ trays.
8. Put desserts on trays for dessert buffet bar.
9. 30 min before dinner: pull out turkey to cool. Hand blend or mash potatoes and add butter and milk.
10. 25 min before: Put rolls in oven at correct temperature.
11. Carve turkey and separate white meat and dark meat into two large dishes.
12. Remove rolls from oven and butter.
13. Set up buffet, gather crew, give thanks to God together, and serve dinner. 🙂
While I wasn’t quite this specific in my own planning this year, this was very close to what I did in the order I did it, and it worked so well. I hope this kind of itinerary might help us both next year. 🙂